HISTORY OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The Camilla G. Belser Memorial Scholarship offers up to $5,000 spread over 2 years to a student who will be attending Nassau or Suffolk Community College. We will consider other accredited two-year colleges.
Applications are currently closed for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior residing in Nassau or Suffolk County
- Applicant must have been accepted to Nassau or Suffolk Community College (Other accredited two-year colleges will be considered)
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need; a copy of your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) and parent/guardian's most recent 1040 (first 2 pages only) must be submitted with the application
- Applicant must be available for an interview with the Program Chairperson if deemed necessary
- Completed Application Page ____
- Copy of FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) and parent/guardian's mostrecent 1040 (first 2 pages only) ____
- Copy of SAT and/or ACT Scores ____
- Copy of college acceptance letter (if available) ____
- Copy of student's resume ____
- Student's essay/personal statement ____
- Copy of student's High School Transcript or GED with scores ____
- Two letters of recommendation_______
Your application is only considered complete and valid when all items listed are included together.
Note to Guidance Counselors: Please provide transcript & recommendation letters to students to be emailed or mailed with all other materials - DO NOT SEND SEPARATELY
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
OR by Mail to:
United Way of Long Island
Belser Memorial Scholarship Fund
Attn: Trish Rivers
819 Grand Blvd.
Deer Park, New York 11729