History of the Scholarship
Cammy Belser was one of the founding members of the Long Island Insurance Community (LIIC) and from its inception until her untimely passing; she served as the inspirational leader of the organization. The Long Island Insurance Community Board, members and United Way of Long Island mourn the passing of our beloved colleague Cammy Belser. In memory of Cammy, and her commitment to education and the insurance industry, The Long Island Insurance Community established the Camilla G. Belser Memorial Scholarship Fund through United Way of Long Island in her honor.
About the Scholarship
The Camilla G. Belser Memorial Scholarship offers up to $5,000 spread over 2 years to a student who will be attending Nassau or Suffolk Community College. We will consider other accredited two-year colleges.
Download the Application | Completed applications must be postmarked by Monday, April 27, 2020 for consideration for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior residing in Nassau or Suffolk County
- Applicant must have been accepted to Nassau or Suffolk Community College (Other accredited two-year colleges will be considered)
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need; a copy of your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) and parent/guardian's most recent 1040 (first 2 pages only) must be submitted with the application
- Applicant must be available for an interview with the Program Chairperson if deemed necessary
Have you included?
- Completed Application Page ____
- Copy of FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) and parent/guardian's mostrecent 1040 (first 2 pages only) ____
- Copy of SAT and/or ACT Scores ____
- Copy of college acceptance letter (if available) ____
- Copy of student's resume ____
- Student's essay/personal statement ____
- Copy of student's High School Transcript or GED with scores ____
- Two letters of recommendation_______
Application are only considered complete and valid when all items listed are included together.
All applications must be submitted to:
Camilla G. Belser Memorial Scholarship Fund
United Way of Long Island
819 Grand Blvd.
Deer Park, New York 11729