Team Mission United is a dedicated group of premier runners who will be competing in support of both active military and veterans. These runners have varied connections to veterans, through friends, family, or coworkers, but all share a special bond to the veterans they are running on behalf of in the 2018 TCS New York City Marathon this November. United Way of Long Island's Mission United
is devoted to providing critical programs for veterans as they transition to civilian life with a focus on employment services, education, financial services, health and housing support. Long Island has New York State’s largest veteran’s population and one of the highest concentration of veterans in the United States.
The Team Mission United Advantage
Team Mission United runners will receive special perks while raising funds to support critical programs and services for Long Island veterans. Benefits include:
- Automatic entry into the 2018 TCS New York City Marathon
- A custom team quick-dry shirt to wear on race day
- Dedicated fundraising special events
- Marketing & fundraising tools
- Personalized story about your journey
- The opportunity to learn tips from past and current team members
- Be part of a team of Long Islanders helping Long Islanders
Team Mission United runners commit to fundraising a minimum of $3,000, allowing us to continue providing veterans with emergency financial assistance, case management, PTSD counseling, education and other services.
Thank you to our generous sponsors for supporting our runners.