BEHIND ON RENT DUE TO COVID-19?
The Emergency Rental Assistance Program assists households behind on their rent that have experienced financial hardship due to COVID-19 and are at risk of homelessness or housing instability. The program can provide temporary rental assistance and assistance with unpaid utility bills.
- This program can pay up to 12 months of past due rent and up to 3 months of future rent
- For some households, this program can pay up to 12 months of overdue electric or gas bills
- Must be a resident of Town of Brookhaven, with proof of residency, and residing in the property that is in arrears.
- One of more adults in the household must have qualified for unemployment benefits or has experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs or experienced other financial hardships due directly to COVID-19.
- Must be able to provide a fully executed rental lease or agreement where the lease is in the Applicant’s name and the Applicant is responsible for monthly rent payments
- Household income must be 80% or below Area Median Income
Have questions? Call Sean at 631-940-3714 or call 2-1-1
or fill out an inquiry form at BrookhavenNY.gov/rent.
For those living outside of the Town of Brookhaven visit: https://otda.ny.gov/programs/emergency-rental-assistance
Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP)
Funding is provided through the United States Treasury Department.