Third Annual Awards Ceremony Slated for January 8, 2015
ATHENA International and KPMG, the U.S. audit, tax and advisory firm, announced today the finalists for the third annual ATHENA Leadership Award® and the ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award® honoring exemplary women leaders on Long Island.
Awards will be presented at a breakfast ceremony on January 8, 2015, at the Oheka Castle. The event will be hosted by KPMG and participating sponsors including, 1-800flowers.com, Adecco Group North America, Estee Lauder Companies, Farrell Fritz, The First National Bank of Long Island, Henry Schein, Long Island Development Corporation, and North Shore LIJ Health System.
Founded more than 30 years ago, ATHENA International is a professional women’s leadership organization committed to supporting, developing and honoring women leaders, and inspiring women to realize their full potential.
ATHENA Leadership Award
- Theresa Regnante, president and CEO, United Way of Long Island
- Dr. Maria Maranga, private practice endodontist
- Beth Meixner, founder and president, Moxxie Network LLC
- Aoifa O’Donnell, chief executive officer, National EAP, Inc.
- Martha Stark, group director and senior vice president, Signature Bank
ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award
- Katie Coleman, managing partner, Siena Wealth Advisory Group
- Heather Harrison, counsel, Farrell Fritz, P.C.
- Theresa McCarthy, assistant vice president, Commercial Lending Officer, Bridgehampton National Bank
- Laura Palacios, group director, Vice President Investments, Signature Securities
“Our finalists are the embodiment of today’s professional women. They have played a significant part within our Long Island community and their respective organizations, and serve as role models for others to achieve their highest goals,”said Theresa Ahlstrom, partner in KPMG’s Melville office, and event co-host. “Long Island’s business community has an abundance of highly successful women who deserve to be recognized and celebrated for their leadership and contributions. For the past three years, it has been my pleasure to help bring ATHENA’s goals to Long Island, and reiterate KPMG’s shared commitment to recognize and support the advancement of women’s leadership.”
About ATHENA INTERNATIONAL
Founded in 1982 by Martha Mayhood Mertz, ATHENA International has been developing, supporting, and honoring women leaders in more than 500 communities. Professional women have received the prestigious ATHENA Award in the United States, Bermuda, Canada, China, Greece, India, Russia, Unite Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom. To date, over 6,500 award Recipients have been recognized.