Better Business, Better Employees: Benefits to Partnering with United Way of Long Island
Partnering with United Way of Long Island is a winning opportunity for everyone—employers, employees and Long Island communities. We invite you to join our network of more than 500 Long Island corporations already working with us.
By partnering with United Way, you can:
- Support Your Employees. Running a United Way campaign helps to provide your employees with the resources they may need during times of hardship. United Way’s community partners offer services including child care, education, emergency food and housing, health care, family counseling, substance abuse counseling, workforce development, and more.
- Encourage Volunteerism. United Way can coordinate corporate volunteer opportunities for those looking to make a difference in our communities. Whether it’s reading to children, leading financial management classes for families, or delivering meals to homebound seniors—there are myriad volunteer options available every day.
- Promote Employee Growth. By running a campaign, you can establish a goal for your employees to attain together, foster team spirit and boost morale. The experience helps your employees to gain and strengthen leadership, strategic planning, and other skills needed to increase productivity.
- Enhance Your Corporate Image. When your company supports United Way, the community recognizes your organization as a contributing corporate citizen. The resulting goodwill can create favorable impressions about your company among customers and clients. In fact, 92 percent of Americans say they have a more positive image of a company that supports a cause they care about (The 2007 Cone Cause Evolution Study).
- Create Healthier Communities for Business Viability. Your organization is only as strong as your employees and the communities in which you live and operate. Your leadership can help United Way provide solutions to community problems and make Long Island a better place to live and work.